By 1915 the National Old Trails Road was routed through Kingman where motorists could get service and repairs at the Old Trails Garage. Established on Front Street in 1915 it represents the changing commercial emphasis to automobile repairs and sales from horse and buggy. It was the largest and most complete automobile service garage in Kingman for many years.
Elmer Graves, a longtime Kingman gas station owner, has refurbished the Old Trails Garage on Route 66 with historic signage. He worked at the garage, changing tires and parking cars as a teenager. He’s in his early 90s now and still works fixing up the garage near the Brunswick and Beale hotels.